Transmission systems specialist Valeo talks CVW through a fitting guide of a pull type clutch with snap on/snap off mechanical bearing.
According to Valeo, a pull type clutch with snap on/snap off mechanical bearing replacement consists of six main stages:
- Tooling and kit contents check;
- Dismounting defective clutch;
- Fitting pressure plate cover assembly and driven plate;
- Bearing replacement;
- Fitting of the gearbox housing;
- Reinitialisation and road test.
To read the full step-by-step guide, see pages 34 and 35 of the March 2018 issue of CVW.