Fleet Source has announced it is now delivering an OCR Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Qualification Training course and examinations for road haulage.
The training is suitable for delegates looking to become a qualified transport manager, fleet manager or for individuals who may have the responsibility of managing a company’s Operator Licence looking to further understand and enhance their knowledge. The qualification is currently a lifetime award, with holders considered professionally competent for the rest of their lives.
Successful completion of the Transport Manager CPC award will qualify students to be nominated as the professionally competent person on an operator’s licence in a company.
The OCR Transport Manager CPC Training Qualification from Fleet Source is also approved under the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELCS) offered by the MOD, giving service leavers the chance to start a new career in logistics and road haulage with financial help for the cost of their learning.
“The national average pass rate for the Manager CPC Qualification is 56%. However, we are very proud to have an above average pass rate of 82% due to the expertise and knowledge of our trainers that deliver the course,” said Mick Kemp, Audit & Training Operations Director, Fleet Source. “Gaining this certificate really opens up new pathways for successful participants and allows them to progress and go on to achieve even more.”
This qualification specifically aims to:
- Assess the professional competence of applicants for Goods Vehicle Operator Licence and their nominated Transport Managers (road haulage)
- Assess the levels of knowledge and practical aptitude necessary for the management of a transport undertaking as set out in Annex 1 of Regulation (EC) No 1071/2009
- Assess skills and knowledge at a level which is harmonised at a minimum level with the skills and knowledge assessed in all Member States
The course is run in two, five-day blocks, with a gap between to enable delegates to plan, have a break and refresh their knowledge.
A candidate achieving a Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage has the following progression routes available:
- Enter the profession of transport manager
- Undertake higher level qualifications part-time or full-time in further or higher education, e.g. HNC, HND, degree
- Undertake additional complementary qualifications in the workplace e.g. Level 3 Certificate in Logistics Operations or Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Management.
The first two qualification training dates are commencing in August in both Lincoln and Letchworth Garden City. For more information about The Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Qualification or to book, visit www.fleetsource.co.uk/manager-training/transport-manager-cpc-qualification-training/ or email email@example.com